Black and Decker RC3406 Rice Cooker Review
- Prep and Cleanup 95%
- Design 97%
- Safety 93%
- Warranty and Support 94%
Black and Decker rice cookers are a well-known brand because of their fast cooking rice cookers and affordable price. Aside from its beautiful design and shape, these rice cookers can cook other vegetables as well and soups. Having a quality rice cooker is important nowadays when and if you don’t have time to devote to every pot on the stove. This appliance does its magic with rice – it cooks it for you, and it will never be burned. Also, they come with see through lid which keeps the heat trapped inside for the steam cooking. Having a see-through lid is important because even though this appliance cooks the rice for you, it needs to be monitored just to check whether or not everything is in order.
Dimensions: 8.7 x 8.7 x 7.4 inches
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Rice measure: 2/3 cup uncooked rice (150 grams) – can cook up to 3 measures and yield the maximum of 6 cups of cooked rice.
Additional features and accessories
Stay-Cool Lid and Side Handles
This appliance was designed in a way so that the lid that you are holding is always cool. This is perfect for the people who forget whether or not the handles and the lid are hot. Your hands will not be burned, and so won’t be the rice inside of the pot. This is a useful feature that many will appreciate and this is also the addition that many other rice cookers don’t have. It comes as a savior in times when people rush to make every dish they can in a small amount of time, and they forget that the handles are hot and end up injured. It is also the feature that many will appreciate.
Medium Size Rice Cooker
It can make 6 cups of cooked rice at a time. It can be said that having this much capacity is for a medium household or a party because this rice cooker is for people who really consume a bit more rice per portion. With that
Keeping the rice warm and fresh for serving is important because you won’t have that grainy taste of rice if it isn’t cooked well. Even if it isn’t large size cooker, you can cook rice in intervals, and you will still make the food in time. It depends on how much the household eats the rice. Medium cooker makes fresher rice, and for the consumers who eat less, this is a perfect appliance for them.
This rice cooker doesn’t only cook rice – it cooks several vegetables as well! This is a very useful feature because one good rice cooker must cook a few vegetables beside rice! If you are preparing a large meal, this appliance comes as a life saver.
Large portions of greens can be cooked in this cooker. Though this is a rice cooker, be sure to cook mostly rice in it. Don’t put too many vegetables or your portions will be half cooked or not cooked enough. Just watch with the amount of portions that are added, and you will have no problem.
The beautiful design allows this rice cooker to be safe in the dishwasher and overall easy to use and clean. You can clean it manually as well. It is designed not to break. Therefore, it shouldn’t, but it doesn’t mean that it can’t break overall. As reported by many, this appliance isn’t hard to clean and it doesn’t consume much of your time while cleaning it. Handle it with care and the appliance will work like a charm.
The pros and cons
- The exterior of the cooker is designed with precision and functional capabilities. The black touch gives it an elegant look and the design is overall good and easy to use.
- It has a nonstick cooking bowl which won’t stick your vegetables on the bottom. This is a definite plus because a good cooker must have this feature.
Otherwiseyour food will be soggy and just not as fresh as they promise you when they sell the product.
- It is dishwasher safe. Don’t worry if you can’t wash it manually because you lack time if you are in a hurry – the parts are dishwasher friendly, and there will be no problem in washing the food off because it has a non-sticking pan.
- Bowl holds up to 12 fully cooked rice, meaning that you will have enough of the cooked rice for the entire household and even for guests. The large quantity is surely a plus on this grading list.
- It has a condensation catcher, giving you the option of steam cooking the food as well as the normal boiling.
- It has a good handle that will never slip out of your hands. Also, the design makes it easy for transport.
- It is easy to use, and it has a minimalist feel because of the switch that you press when you need to start the cooking process and the machine automatically switches to warm when the rice is finished.
- It is cheaper but has some good features.
- Rice on the bottom and rice in the middle is cooked either way. There is no ‘top is cooked and the bottom is not’.
- Sometimes it takes longer to prepare rice/other food.
- Doesn’t come with extra features. Only the ones that are marked by the product.
- Can’t control when it switches to warm, so shutting it is only possible by unplugging it and then plugging it on again.